Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I Love Whistler!!!

This working holiday is just getting better and better!! I am having an absolute ball in Whistler- I'm loving it! Haven't started working yet (well not the real thing, I've been getting paid for training though!).

I went out for Kareoke the other night, it was so much fun!! Most people were talking about how they needed to be drunk before taking the mike- but I could do Kareoke anyday, anytime, any where in any state!! What can I say- I love it!

We have had a few Whistler kids parties too- free drink tokens at the door! Plus on Saturday night we were given a name tag, and told we had to find our family (!?). Anyway, I was Malcolm. "Malcolm?!" you say... yep, as in Malcolm in the middle. It was lots of fun, and made talking to random people a whole lot easier. I found the rest of my family- Duwey, Francis, Lois, and I cant remember the other one... Anyway, we did it reasonably quickly, then got another free drink token before they ran out- hoorah!

I must say though... I'm REALLY missing CHERRY RIPES and DARK CHOCOLATE with NUTS! I'm not impressed by chocolate over here... their blocks are really small and soooo expensive, and cherry ripes are totally non existent! My address is
Unit 408, 1301 Alta lake rd, Whister, British Columbia, V0N1B1, CANADA, just in case anyone wants to send me anything. Whoops how did those 2 totally unrelated subjects get put together!? ;)

My flat mates are fantastic- couldn't have asked for better! We have been doing heaps of communal dinners, which has been tops. They all really look out for each other too! Nadine & Lisa (aka Gravy) are in one room and me and Nes share another. Our unit is really nice too.

Once again, apologies for all the "!" I'm just too excited about the whole thing- I can barely believe that this is my home for the next 5 1/2 months!! :)

Hope to hear from you,
Kathryn

No comments: