Thursday, January 05, 2006

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Wow, what to say... things just keep getting better and better!! Sorry It's taken me so long to make another post, I've just been having way too much fun!

Christmas: No white Christmas... :( It was unusually warm in the week surrounding Christmas- but the food and company made up for it!
I was invited by the pastor of Church on the Mountain (Chad) and his Wife (Stacey) to a Christmas dinner at their house for people that haven't got family to spend Christmas with. Stacey did most of the cooking... both her parents are gourmet chef's.... and everything she cooked were recipes that her parents had passed down to her. Needless to say it was amazing!!!!!! The week before we had our Christmas party at the Fairmont, awesome dinner- the turkey was fantastic- the most tender and yummy I had ever tasted... but that was before Christmas Dinner at Chad & Stacey's!! Their's was better than fantastic! The mashed potato was so soft and delicious, the carrot, roast potato, kumera, bread rolls- amazing!!! And then the mulled wine- amazingly delicious! I've never tasted something so yummy! So anyway, I sat there feeling so content, it was bliss! And then , there were the chocolate truffles for dessert!

Wow, I am in 7th Heaven just thinking about it all again now- ahhh, bliss!

New Years Eve:
I went to a houseparty about 20 minutes from my place, with quite an imbalance between guys and girls ( around 5 guys to every girl!). It started out pretty small, but gradually more and more people arrived. We had the countdown out on a small pontoon on the lake. I was so surprised that nobody fell in! We had to leave the house shortly after though, coz it was staff housing, and we were only supposed to have around 8 people there... whoops! So anyway we wandered the streets for about an hour and a half while we waited to be let back into the party again. It had cooled down a fair bit by the time New Years came around- so there was lots of fresh snow around- perfect for making snowballs! Mum- There were "lots of nice boys" there (from whom I got lots of attention!) and we had a massive snowball fight in the streets! Ahhh, fun times!

Anyway, I'm just soooo content at the moment, everything is awesome! Love you all heaps,
Kat

1 comment:

Peter Wotton said...

Good to see the great new photos.